- Posted March 11, 2015
- 1 available position
- 32 hours a week, $9.27 per hour
- Library experience preferred or at least 3 years of customer service experience
- Responsibilities of the Position:
- Under general supervision, performs advanced clerical work, public service work, technical service work, request/interlibrary loan work, services library patrons directly or indirectly, and other library work as required. Cross-training and working in other departments is a requirement. This position requires complete confidentiality.
- Detailed Library Assistant Job Description
- To apply, request an application at the Circulation Desk or print one via the link below. Please include a resume with your application.
- Email application materials to email@example.com or mail to Public Library of Westland, Attn: Diane Mehl, 6123 Central City Pkwy, Westland, MI 48185.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Applications for Employment:
For consideration for a position as a Supervisory Librarian, Reference Librarian, Children's Associate or Technology Coordinator, please submit a professional resume, meaningful cover letter and list of references.
General: for Maintenance, Circulation and Computer Page positions
Page: for book shelving positions
NOTE: Applications for non-page positions are only accepted when positions are available. Page applications are always accepted.
(You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read these files.)
About Seeking Employment at the Public Library of Westland:
The Public Library of Westland is an equal opportunity, at-will employer. As positions open, they will be posted above.
Page Positions: Students seeking employment must be at least 14 years of age and be prepared to submit a work permit upon request.
Non-Page Positions: Applications for non-page positions are only accepted when a position is available. Applicants for non-page positions must include a resume with their application. References will be requested from finalists only.
Completed applications can be delivered to the Library in person, or mailed to:
Public Library of Westland
6123 Central City Parkway
Westland, MI 48185-9118
- Green Corner
- Adult Reading Help