- Posted July 27, 2015
- 1 available position
- 40 hours a week, $17.00 per hour plus benefits including Medical, Dental, Retirement, Vacation, Personal, and Holidays; includes evenings and weekends
- Closing Date: Saturday, August 15, 2015
- Responsibilities of the Position:
- Under supervision of the Department Head of Information Services, identifies and interprets user needs; provides reference, readers' advisory, computer, database and referral services to Library patrons in a variety of formats. Responsible for collection development. Assists in planning and implementing programs. Strong customer service skills are essential.
- Adult Reference Librarian Job Description
- Email cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 reference to: Marilyn Kwik, Department Head of Information Services at email@example.com
Applications for Employment:
For consideration for a position as a Supervisory Librarian, Reference Librarian, Children's Associate or Technology Coordinator, please submit a professional resume, meaningful cover letter and list of references.
General: for Maintenance, Circulation and Computer Page positions
Page: for book shelving positions
NOTE: Applications for non-page positions are only accepted when positions are available. Page applications are always accepted.
(You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read these files.)
About Seeking Employment at the Public Library of Westland:
The Public Library of Westland is an equal opportunity, at-will employer. As positions open, they will be posted above.
Page Positions: Students seeking employment must be at least 14 years of age and be prepared to submit a work permit upon request.
Non-Page Positions: Applications for non-page positions are only accepted when a position is available. Applicants for non-page positions must include a resume with their application. References will be requested from finalists only.
Completed applications can be delivered to the Library in person, or mailed to:
Public Library of Westland
6123 Central City Parkway
Westland, MI 48185-9118
- Green Corner
- Adult Reading Help