The training is a total of 15 hours and is conducted by Washtenaw Literacy. $25 is required for a tutor training textbook that you will keep. There will be snacks provided in the morning. If you cannot attend all 15 hours there will be make-up options available. You must be able to attend at least 10 hours of total training though. Please call the library and ask for Tara or Liz if you are interested in this great volunteer opportunity. The next tutor training is planned for the first 3 Saturdays in March 2014.
- Ability to commit to two hours of tutoring each week and additional preparation time.
- A desire to accept and work with people of various racial, ethnic, social, economic and religious backgrounds.
- Willingness to treat learner opinions, experiences and progress with respect, confidentiality and empathy.
- Attend 15 hour tutor training workshop.
- Sign standard Hold Harmless Agreement.
- Prepare lesson plans based on your learner's goals, needs and interests.
- Report tutoring hours and learner achievements and accomplishments every month.
- Maintain contact with Westland Literacy and notify us if problems arise or if tutoring terminates.
- Green Corner
- Adult Reading Help